Best Half Pad for Horses – Which one Should you Pick and Why
Half pads play a huge role in the comfort and safety of horses. They come handy when the horse is developing and changing shape. This happens during fitness, with age, and with weight changes. A good half pad will mold to the horse’s shape and provide enough support and comfort. It will distribute pressure so that the saddle sits evenly.
Best Half Pad for Horses
If you don’t pay enough attention to this, the horse may suffer due to pain and overheating. We are sure that’s the last thing you want for your precious one! While there are multiple half pads in the market, you should go for options that are made out of breathable material and those that can adjust to the horse’s body shape. These are the two most important elements that will help you purchase the best for your horse.
We understand that this could be confusing, and you may be worried about finding the best. That’s why we have come up with a list of the best half pads for horses in 2019. You can go through them and make your choice within minutes!
1. Weatherbeeta Memory Foam Comfort Half Pad
Available in black and white colors, this half pad is soft, breathable, and is made of anti-slip material. It is known to provide great comfort to the horse. Here are a few more of its features:
- It is designed specifically to protect the back and the withers.
- It has excellent shock absorption capabilities that work to distribute pressure.
- It is quick drying.
- It is anti-fungal and anti-microbial.
- It ensures a better fit for the saddle.
- You can use it for English saddles and western saddles.
2. ECP Cotton Correction Half Saddle Pad for Horses
Complete with memory foam pockets, the ECP half saddle pad can be your horse’s best friend. It adjusts to shape changes so that you use it for a long time without worries. Below is more information about it:
- The memory foam absorbs shocks and prevents injuries.
- The half pad is designed for the comfort of the horse as well as the rider.
- It has a diamond-quilted cotton top.
- The brushed cotton underside provides excellent contact.
- It has four contoured shims – two in the front and two at the back.
- You can use the pads during casual rides, competitions, and events. It serves all purposes!
- It is available in a wide range of colors for you to pick from.
- It was initially designed keeping the English saddle in mind, but many users have confirmed that it works with western saddles too.
3. Ovation Syntech Half Pad for Horses
Simple, easy to use, and of excellent quality, the Ovation Syntech Half Pad has impressed many riders. We are sure their horses were just as pleased too. Why? Read on!
- The half pad provides extra cushion and fits horses perfectly.
- It is a synthetic half pad but is quite breathable and reliable.
- It looks like sheepskin and feels the same as well. This means that comfort is guaranteed.
- If you are looking for an option that’s aesthetic and functional at the same time, you cannot go wrong with this one.
- It is fairly priced, and all users say that it is worth the dollars spent.
4. ECP All Purpose English Half Saddle Pad
This one right here is our favorite. It serves multiple purposes and has so many features that you simply cannot ignore it. Listed below are a few of the highlights:
- It is an English saddle half pad made with cotton.
- The top is diamond quilted.
- It comes with foam pads that you can use as your horse changes shape. This will allow you to use the half pad for a long time. All you have to do is to insert the foam pads into the pockets provided.
- There are 4 pockets in total, designed to facilitate optimum fit and adjustment.
- You can use the ECP All-Purpose Saddle for any purpose. Whether it is casual ride or competitive riding, the half pad will do justice.
- It provides significant pressure relief.
5. Lami-Cell Full Shock Absorbing Memory Pad for Horses
Lightweight, easy to use, and durable, the Lami-Cell Full Shock Absorbing Memory Pad is another good half pad for your horse. Let’s go through its main features:
- It is made with gel-foam and is a superb memory-foam saddle. This means it will remember the shape and stay as it is until you adjust it.
- It is specifically known for its shock absorbing capabilities. This protects the horse as well as the rider.
- It is also popular for being superiorly durable with long-lasting performance.
- Even if your horse has prominent withers, he/she will find comfort in this half pad.
Half pads are designed especially for the benefit of horses. They change shape with age and their fitness level. Forcing them to wear rigid saddles can cause them immense pain and discomfort. We are sure you don’t want that to happen. That’s why it is crucial that you do your bit and provide them with what they deserve – THE BEST!
All the options we have provided are reliable and will serve your purpose well. If you have any doubts, though, you can always compare them and take a final call. Also, if you have any concerns or questions, do not hesitate to write to us in the comments section. We are always happy to help our fellow riders.