The most common concern among the people who like horse riding is to find the perfect saddle pad for their horses. It is vital to choose a good quality and comfortable saddle so that your horse is not troubled due to pads. Saddle pads are a must whenever you go for trail riding or even schooling. The right pads help you in sitting comfortably and focusing on the riding.
Best Saddle for Trail Riding
There are many companies today that produce saddle pads. It can become a little confusing about which one to buy. So to help you with the selection process I have made a list of some excellent quality saddle pads. The list has a variety of pads such as bareback, wool saddle pads and much more. Go through the list and find the one that is ideal for you.
1. Diamond Wool Contoured Pad
One of the most bought saddle pads for trial training is this Diamond Wool Contoured Pad. Horse enthusiasts like this saddle pad due to its premium quality built, durability and longevity. It is manufactured in the USA by using domestic raw materials and fine craftsmanship. It is recommended to use a damp cloth or sponge with mild shampoo To clean this pads and lather it on the solid areas.
- The saddle pad is made with ranch-tough one-inch thick wool felt leather.
- The spine has a wither relief notch that enables the horse riders to have a smooth ride.
- As these saddle pads have wool content, it is more comfortable to sit for a longer time.
- It is easy to clean this pad with a curry brush to get rid of the hair, dirt, sweat and more.
2. TuffRider Basic All Purpose Saddle Pad
The second option in this list is from one of the leading manufacturers for high quality and durable performance gear around. TuffRider is a well-known name producing affordable horse and pony saddle pads. The pads have a diamond quilting and flannel underside that make sure that your horse is comfortable with the padding. The pads are durable and easy to use. There are also other grooming supplies, blankets, etc. available from the same manufacturer. So if you are looking for a trusted brand to buy some supplies for yourself and horse for horse riding, then you can have a look at their other products.
- TuffRider pads are made from micro-polyester and cotton to give the utmost comfort to the horse riders.
- The saddle pads are light in weight and convenient to use.
- These pads are suitable for schooling and perfect for a competition or training.
- There are several color options available for these pads to choose from.
- It has a good quality built and is also reasonably priced.
3. Best Friend Bareback Pad
If you are looking for a comfortable bareback saddle pad, then this option is ideal for you. This pad is comfort plus bareback pad with high wither that provides utmost comfort to the horse riders. It is suitable for people learning to ride in a school. The lower portion of the pads is made with a peachy suede-like fabric that is comfortable for both horse and rider. There are two stainless steel d’s at the front that can be used in multiple ways.
- The pads come with a breathable and non-slip girth.
- The bareback seat has an in-depth quilted plush material over the high-density foam that ensures comfort to the horse riders.
- It also comes with a bareback pad to give support to the riders.
- The girth of the pad is adjustable and thus can fit all horses.
- The buckles of girth are made from stainless steel.
4. Southwestern Equine Silverado 1″ Grey Contoured Saddle Pad
One of the best alternatives for wool saddle pad is this Southwestern Equine saddle pad. It is made from the highest quality wool that fits the horses perfectly. It is suitable for both trained riders as well as beginners. The natural hollow fibers of the saddle pad keep the sweat and heat away from your horse. It is easy to clean this pad with a water hose and sponge. The pads have reliable built quality and are durable.
- The saddle pad is made from 100% grey wool and one-inch thickness.
- It has a contoured spine designed for the horse having a slight dip in their back.
- The wither cut in the saddle pads helps in relieving the pressure from gullet.
- The sides of the pad last longer as it has the top grain wear leather.
5. ECP Cotton Contoured Saddle Pad
Some horse riders prefer a cotton-based saddle pad as it is more comfortable for both the horse and rider. The saddle pad is contoured and fits the shape of the horse’s back. This pad helps in eliminating the pressure points and sore areas that can be caused due to riding the horse for jours. These areas are stuffed with memory foam to provide support and comfort. The inserts and positions of the foam can be modified as per the requirement. The layers of padding can be added or removed according to your preference.
- The saddle pads have memory foam that is effective in absorbing shocks better.
- It has four velcro closure pockets that can be used in multiple ways.
- The pad’s shape gives a streamlined look and doesn’t interfere while riding the horse.
- The pad is available in 11 colors and fits the horse and saddle precisely.
- It is suitable for everyday use as well as for competitions and events.
So these are some of the options that you can consider for buying good quality and durable saddle pad for your horses. All the pads are made with different materials, so make sure to go through their features in detail before purchasing it. I prefer the pad with memory foam layers as it is more comfortable compared to others. You can select the one that fits your budget and suits your preference from this list.