Best Saddle Pad for High Withered Horse: Top Product Reviews
When you own a horse, it’s a whole new responsibility and a tough job to take care of him. Horses are quite high maintenance pets, but once you own them, you can’t stay apart. People love to keep them near because of their loving nature and classy attitude. If you are a newbie in owning and maintaining horses, you may not know about many important things that are needed but often taken for granted.
One of these products is the saddle pads. You can’t compromise with the saddle pads for horses with high withers. Such horses have narrow shoulders that can cause the saddle to pinch. When it starts to tweak, it is natural that it will affect the horse’s freedom of movement. If the saddle is too thick, it can rub the horse’s skin and create irritations.
So, whether your horse already has high withers or they have become more pronounced because of the age, it is essential to select the perfect saddle pads. In this article, you can get a detailed review of some of the best saddle pads for high withered horses. Let’s start with the best.
Best Saddle Pad for High Withered Horse
1. Southwestern Equine OrthoRide Correction Saddle Pad
Get the perfect fit and comfort for you as well as your horse with the Southwestern Equine OrthoRide Correction Saddle Pad. Where many saddles pinch or rub the skin, this product works best for high withered horses. If your horse is young or he has underdeveloped shoulder muscles, then this saddle pad can become a blessing for your horse. There are two unique designs and attractive colors, such as dessert rose and turquoise bloom.
- Its memory foam build-up pad helps in relieving shoulder strain and excessive pressure. It works best at the time of team roping, barrel racing, etc.
- The Poron XRD professional athletic padding is used in the making of this saddle pad. It is widely popular for its best shock absorption technologies.
- The OrthoRide Saddle Pad improves the horse’s performance at the time of any physical activity. It is perfect for the training of young horses or ponies.
- You may know that the horses’ backs change shape over the years. OrthoRide keeps your horse wither protected and fills gaps created under the saddle.
- Once the horses start to age, they lose their wither muscles. Their backs also get sensitive. This saddle pad with fleece bottom helps them to maintain their original movement.
- The company also provides one-year satisfaction warranty to the customers. So, even if you don’t like the product, you can return it and get the refund.
2. Weaver Leather Synergy Contoured Saddle Pad for High Withered Horse
A saddle pad can surely protect the back of your beloved horse, but it can also be used as something that helps to beautify him. The fundamentals are clear – if you are investing a good amount of money in purchasing a saddle pad, it should look good along with providing comfort. Weaver Leather Synergy Contoured Saddle Pad serves both purposes. I am sure you will fall in love with these products once you look at them.
- This boho looking saddle pad is adequately ventilated and light-weight. Its EVA sport foam maximizes airflow for relaxed performance.
- Moisture-wicking wool liner pulls away sweat from your horse’s back for even cooling. It soothes the horse and nullifies the irritation.
- The shock-absorbing EVA sport foam gets the original shape back after the sudden movements. Thus, it also offers impact-absorbing protection.
- Its contoured shape specifically designed to fit your horse’s back. Its durable and long-lasting design comes with tightly-woven, rugged, and 100% wool topper.
- As it is made with premium wear leathers, you can rely on this product for your horse’s sake. It is 33 inches long, 38 inches wide, and offers a perfect fit.
- It is a meticulously crafted product made from the finest materials. The design is split down the center and reinforced with top grain leather. It’s a dream for any horse rider.
3. Best Friend Western Style Bareback Saddle Pad
Best Friend Western Style, Bareback Saddle Pad, helps you to get rid of any back-related issues without compromising the comfort of your horse. Best Friend offers synthetic suede top for the better gripping seat and maximum ventilation. These products are easy to clean and provide a great fit. The non-slip and breathable bottom keeps the saddle pad fresh and comfortable.
- Best Friend Western Style Bareback Saddle Pad is an English bareback pad for horses, which is perfect for any jumping, riding, or training activities.
- It offers protection and comfort for your horse. It gives you the freedom to move anytime and anywhere, without worrying about your horse’s skin.
- It is filled with high-density foam that helps to get a comfortable ride for the horses and the rider. Simply brush off and wipe up with a damp cloth to clean it.
- There is additional cushioning at the withers and side pockets for better convenience. This bareback pad does not come with stirrups.
- There are six unique colors to choose from! They are beautiful – black, brown, hunter green, leopard print blue, tan, and navy.
4. The Montana High Withered Wool Saddle Pad for High Withered Horse
Many saddle pads create discomfort because of their material. They keep on irritating the horse’s skin and increases itchiness or rashes. Such irritations can be the root cause of the horse’s anxiety. Some of our customers claim that they have seen a dramatic difference in their horse’s anxiety level after switching to The Montana High Withered Saddle Pad.
- Nothing can compare with the all wool saddle pad. It will fit your horse from the same day you put it on your horse, and he will feel comfortable.
- It becomes better and takes up a shape once it starts settling on the horse’s back. Your horse will not feel its presence after a few days.
- The natural hollow fibers can absorb the sweat and all the heat that irritate the horse. It keeps your horse calmer, dryer, and cooler.
- Whether you are still learning horse riding or you are a professional trainer, this Wool Saddle Pad is the perfect match for you.
- It is durable and long-lasting. You can keep it for years without compromising its quality. It will keep the horse comfortable and happy.
- This thick tan wool pad has a contoured spine and withers cut out with premium top grain wear leathers.
5. Diamond Wool Contour Felt Ranch Saddle Pad
Diamond Wool understands the need for performance and functionality while developing the saddle pads. The company manufactures elegantly-designed pads and includes advancements and innovations. It thrives on meeting the rigorous demands of both the horse and the rider. All products that are made by the Dimond Wool are evaluated continuously and updated according to current trends.
- The company keeps evolving the products to offer consistent performance. Such saddle pads can cope up with any awaiting challenges and perform at their best!
- It is durable and long-lasting. Even when you ride it for six days continuously for four to eight hours a day, then also you will not get the saddle sore.
- It is light-weight and easy to saddle. It keeps the horses cooler by reducing the immense amount of sweat. It also stays in place and doesn’t slip from the back.
- This saddle pad is around 32 inches long and 1 inch thick. You don’t need to use the second pad even if you are dealing with the horses with high withers.
- It is a flexible pad that can be cleaned easily. You can always count on Diamond Wool because of the high-quality product and a high price.
6. ECP Cotton Correction Half Saddle Pad for High Withered Horse
If you are looking for some inexpensive option, ECP Cotton Correction Half Saddle Pad should be your pick. It is one of the cheapest and most compatible high withers horse saddle pads available in the market. It is made with breathable memory foam that makes your horse feel comfortable and confirms your horse’s back. There are plenty of colors available in the market for your beloved horse.
- It fits perfectly on your horse and contours him with its supplied foam pads. Even when your horse’s shape changes over time, you can adjust the saddle pad.
- Because of the memory foam, the saddle pad absorbs any kind of shocks and helps to prevent any injuries to the horse. It provides the ultimate comfort.
- This saddle pad provides ease and comfort to the horse as well as the riders. It comes with four cuts offs for the gradual adjustments.
- This correction pad is suitable for training, competition, eventing, as well as casual riding. Also, it is useful for both young and old horses.
- There are more than ten colors available, including black, white, red, blue, purple, violet, green, or gray. You can choose as per your horse’s choice.
- Its diamond-quilted luxurious cotton top and brushed cotton underside provide excellent contact and shock absorption. The top line provides optimal airflow.
- It features four pockets with Velcro closure and three memory foam shims in each pocket. It allows you to customize the fit accordingly.
7. Exselle Saddle Pad With Wither Relief
Horse riding is a fun activity, but many times, it is also the primary reason for sore or swayed back. Your horse is already taking a lot of pressure while riding. By gifting him Exselle Saddle Pad, you can reduce uneven pressure distribution on your horseback. This 100% cotton twill works best for the high wither horses. You can rely on this product even if you are dealing with a pony or a young horse.
- This saddle pad is made with 100% cotton twill top with 8mm felt and 10mm sponge. It features a nice tight fleece bottom with rolled edge wither and cantle.
- It is like a blanket, along with an ergonomic cushion. These features help to distribute the pressure evenly and provide cloud-like support to the back.
- Get rid of saddle bridging, sores, and rubs with the help of Exselle Saddle Pad. With this Wither Relief, you don’t need to pay extra for saddle correction.
- It prevents horseback irritations caused by excessive sweating and imbalance of the rider. It also reduces excessive heat build-up on long rides.
- The width of the pad is 21 inches, and the length is 19 inches. If you buy this half pad, you won’t be disappointed. You can choose between Black or the White saddle pad.
Being a horse owner/rider, you have to think about several things before buying any saddle pads for the high withers. When I was deciding the top saddle pads for the horses, I considered several things such as material, durability, the comfort of the horse and the rider, etc. You should also read and research thoroughly before deciding the best product for your furry friend.
Also, there are many products available in the market that are a bit pricey than the others. But, I believe that you should always consider comfort and proper fit than the budget for the things you or your horse has to use daily. You will find some cheaper options even on my list but do your research before investing in any products. Have some safe and extraordinary rides ahead.